|The prayer team in Kitale|
A prayer walk for DML is where we gather at a church for some corporate prayer and to share our prayer concerns for the city. We then break up into pairs and walk the streets, two by two, praying over the businesses, government buildings, hospitals and schools as we walk, and taking time for the Holy Spirit to reveal to us what we need to be seeing in our city. Every pair is assigned streets to pray over and a prearranged time is set to gather on the other side of the city for some chai and mendazi (tea and donuts) and debriefing.
|Taking time to pray for a small vendor.|
During the debriefing, these are some of the comments that were heard:
- This needs to be a habit, not just an annual event.
- This should be longer than three hours - it should be a whole day.
- People were wanting us to stop and pray for their business but we didn't have enough time to stop at each place. We want to have lots of time to pray for each business!
- The prayer walk should be tied to fasting.
- God opened my eyes to see so many things differently than how I had been looking at them before this prayer walk.
|So many churches coming together to reclaim the redeemed marketplace!|
Please join us in prayer for the Global Marketplace and your specific city or town by reading the prayer below.
A Prayer for Our Work
We pray for all
who work in business and industry,
who work in homemaking,
who work in medicine,
who work in education,
who work in agriculture,
who work in government,
who work in service to others,
The prayer team in Eldoret.
who are beginning a new career,
who struggle in their work,
who are seeking new or different jobs,
who are retired or anticipating retirement,
who are unemployed or underemployed.[Add other categories as appropriate]Give us joy in our work, and in using gifts and talents we receive from you.
Give us joy in doing all our work to your honor and glory.
Equip us to labor in ways that promote justice and peace.
Equip us to be ministers of your peace in a world that cries for peace.Through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
(Taken from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship)
|Debriefing after the prayer walk with chai and mendazi, sponsored by the DML Cooperative.|