Monday, July 29, 2024

Burundi is in the house!

It's not often that we have the opportunity to have our DML colleagues join us in the US and meet the DML partners and supporters that are Stateside.  Last year, we were privileged to have one of are partners from India join us in Grand Rapids, and this past weekend, Pastor Isaiah from Burundi with us.  What a joy to hear him share about what God is doing in Burundi and how the message of DML is joining in that work!  (Picture is Pastor Isaiah preaching at my home church in Grand Rapids.)

Pastor Isaiah leads two organizations in Burundi - the United Christians for Change and Development, as well as International Christian Ministries Burundi.  He has a staff of 52 and about 500 volunteers who work throughout the country.  God has opened doors for his teams to influence churches and denominations, government, education, and business.  And Isaiah knows how to make quick and good work of those opportunities!  He is a natural connector and leader, equipping his team to also be leaders and own the vision of seeing Burundi develop and flourish.  We thank God for him and the privilege to work alongside him!

While he was here, he shared several stories of impact from the 400 youth that we are working with over five years in Burundi, and I'll share one with you here:

My name is PACIS NDUWAYO. I am a businesswoman and I sell clothes. When I finished Secondary school, I was hopeless. I didn’t see anything I could do, after a certain period, I chose to start a business but I used to do everything the wrong way. I was even put in jail for not respecting the law of our country in my business. I was not doing my work as worship.  I used to differentiate sacred and secular activities and my business was stagnant due to many mistakes. I was depending on my husband. I got life-changing teachings in DML which opened my mind amazingly. These teachings helped me grow my relationship with God by correcting all mistakes in my business. I wholeheartedly learned that I am serving God in the Marketplace. I decided to please God in all my activities and I started seeing much income. Now I am getting more money from my business to support our family than my husband does. I am proud of my contribution to the family and it is because of the life-changing teachings I got from DML. I am becoming a living testimony in the Marketplace. People are seeing Christ through observing how I run my business.  I know to count everything well and I do everything to please God, the Owner of all that I have. I am full of hope for the future because of what I learned in DML. I understand that I have been made on purpose. I have a great vision for my future. I see myself as a big entrepreneur in the future. God bless everyone who contributed to getting these teachings in Burundi. We pray for you to reach them to many. 

We thank God for His call to do all things as working for the Lord!  

We ask for your prayers this week as we have the DML board retreat and seek to discern how to continue to join God in what He is doing in reclaiming the redeemed Marketplace!
Pastor Isaiah being prayed for by DML Board members, friends, and partners.

No comments: